Monday, February 6, 2012

On My Reading List

As part of our attempt to encourage reading in students, our teachers hang a sign outside their door letting kids know what books they are reading. This shows that even teachers still read and that reading is an important life-long skill.
I figured this blog would be a good place for me to set a goal for myself and read some books for enjoyment and gather knowledge from, rather than write an evaluation for or go to a staff development session about. 

Here is my list of books that I would like to read during the first quarter of 2012. If there is something else out there that would be good to get a hold of, please feel free to let me know.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I have to read it one more time before the movie comes out in March.
The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
What can I do to make my students appreciate reading?







No comments:

Post a Comment